Saturday, July 10, 2010

Despicable Me

It has been a minute since I have blogged last. I have abandoned you, my dear public, because of current personal matters I am coping with. I sincerely apologize for my short absence. It has been a beautiful past week, however, and today was no exception. With a brief heat wave, the cool afternoon was followed by light rain showers. Earlier in the heat, I decided to oust myself from the house and go out. I am not favorable to seeing movies by myself, but no one (myself included) can disagree with the argument that if you have no one to take with you, take yourself. Hence, I took myself. I like Adam Sandler and almost decided to see Grown Ups, but decided instead on the lighter animated Despicable Me.
Summarization: evil thief voiced by Steve Carelle, has to come up with and execute the heist of the century. Somehow along the way, he adopts three little orphan girls to help him carry out part of the heist. As the plot progresses, he becomes attached to the girls and has to decide what is more important: being known for pulling off the heist of the century, or being a father to the three girls.
I liked the movie's inventiveness, it kept the basic story line entertaining. It was fun, I enjoyed myself, and am pretty sure if you don't take yourself too seriously, you would enjoy it as well. It's still summer people, so get out and enjoy that tan and those summer flicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment