Friday, September 13, 2013

BeetleJuice



Hello my dear fellow peepsters, it has been a delightful day of exploration for me. Do you ever decide to try to re-create yourself? Do you ever decide to try to clear out all the old baggage and/or negative debris that clings to you like all that junk that was clinging onto Sarah in The Labyrinth? Do you ever decide to ruthlessly cut away and discard the useless junk and only carry the most important things (which usually end up not being "concrete-things" anyway...)?

I am Constantly trying to do that. It is hard at times, because I am naturally born and raised to be frugal. So, discarding items is a fine line between wasting and just being reasonable; on the other hand, not discarding is a fine line between being frugal and a pack rat.

 An old pair of pants that "could" be altered.....
A wood plaque that "could" be stripped and sanded down for a new art project....

 But am I ever going to take the time to do that?..
Would it Really be saving me time and money?....
Have I So Far taken the time to do any of those things? ...

 Answer:    no.


So, I am clearing away the debris and starting fresh.
And in doing so, I have made room for new things. I read in my Happiness Project journal to clear off a shelf and leave it empty and clean: making empty space can be uplifting because it has clean open potential. Always give yourself room for potential growth, we become hemmed in with all of life's trappings, but try to leave room for your mind to breath, in leaving some open air for your mind, you also are freeing your body.

So, I cleared off a shelf of my own and made room for something new: BeetleJuice. First off, I had never seen this "BeetleJuice" till yesterday. I decided to try it out on that clean shelf and see if I liked it. I do like it, but let me just say... Pre-tty wild. It was not what I imagined for some reason. What did I imagine?.... I don't know... I guess I didn't imagine BeetleJuice being the sort of "savior/villian" he turned out to be. I REALLY wasn't expecting the fabulous adult humor tossed through this either! I had no idea the movie would be more about the deceased married couple and their becoming acclimated to the compromised way of life, well, after-life, they found themselves in. However, despite all of the unexpectedness, I enjoyed it.

Suicide seems to be an underlying topic in this film too. You find out suicide cases become these fairy looking civil servants for all afterlife cases.... hmmmm....  Anyway, I also had a moment realizing, that Wow, I had never really seen Alec Baldwin so young. He's still good looking as an older man, but now I can see why they called him a stud in Red October ( a film I watched vaguely as a kid and have no real memory of it at all.) ANYWAY.

I enjoyed the odd spelling of his name in the movie "BeetleGuese." Michael Keaton is just flipping nuts, man. He's really cool. Think about this for a moment. The man played BatMan. The man played BeetleJuice. He was in The Other Guys. He has played the full spectrum, and is just amazing. Imagine being that open minded. I want to be like that.


So, I am totally being spacey and jumping all over random subjects, so I will shut up and hope you take care my dears, and try something new, trust yourself to do something different and break out of the daily grind. Be safe and have a happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment