Thursday, June 28, 2012

Reading Time With Pickle

I want to watch Joe Somebody. In it Tim Allen gets panic attacks and it reminds me of kind of where I'm at right now. There is a peace to finally finding the end of your rope, because you have three options:

1. Hang there till you drop from exhaustion

2. Climb back up to the top of the rope

3. Or just let go of the rope and end it sooner..

But there's a fourth option people don't hear about very often, just because it is so radically different.

4. Jump to another rope. And start over. The last rope wasn't working for you, so let's do something different.

This fourth option is a lifestyle change, an at home change, a personal (practical) soul change. Just Do not let it change who you are.

I am so used to doing what I've done to cope I barely know anything else. Something as simple as taking a Tylenol PM doesn't cross my mind to help me sleep, because I've always just dealt with no sleep. Last night, however, was the first time I realized that rope of "insomnia" just wasn't working for me anymore. So I changed ropes. I went and got some Tylenol PM, took two. Slept without waking up and got up this morning and advice my old doctor and my therapist told me came to mind. They said there is 4 (or 5?) "S's" to fight depression
1. Sleep
2. Sunshine
3. ....
I don't remember the rest.

But besides that, it made me consider how little simple things help make all the bigger problems smaller too.

So.... I also have trouble eating. And I finally saw the key to that too. Have you ever had someone look up to you? A younger sibling, or family member? A daughter? A son? What if they were struggling to eat? What would you do?.. Personally, I would find the strength to eat to show them, it'll be ok: you have to do all the small basic things like eating and sleeping to help the scarier problems more manageable.

So my darlings, we are comfortable in our safe little nooks, hidden, tucked away in our comfort zones. But try to remember that sometimes those safe rooms we have built for ourselves becomes our prison. Ropes become chains, rather than options.
Weigh every option. And don't ever forget that stopping to get a good night sleep, waking up to sip a cup of joe, and meandering to smell the flowers before launching into battle is sometimes the best medicine.

Check out Joe Somebody. Take care my dears.

-- Desde Mi iSoul

No comments:

Post a Comment