Friday, January 13, 2012

Scott Pilgrim VS. The World

It is a Friday morning that I lay finger to keyboard once again. I have figured out the reason for my non-comital attitude towards blogging is brought on by the slowness of my computer; for which, I have no patience, hence I do not attempt the rigamarole to deal with it.

I can very much associate with Scott Pilgrim as his computer tells him he has e-mail (Imagine That!) and he is fascinated by it. I resembled him very much a few days ago when my cousin informed me of Google Chrome and Google Documents: There is Such A Thing!!!!!!!!!! But, my dear reader, I get ahead of myself: very ahead of myself.

As with all the transitions in one's life, I got caught up, how does one not. At Thanksgiving, I was caught up as a turkey is trussed up. By Christmas, I was perfectly wrapped up in the perfect box with a bow on top, only to be strewn in shredded confetti bits of ribbon and paper left over to be tossed about come New Year. And now...... I am still recovering from the aftermath. Was Christmas really only a mere two weeks ago?... It feels much longer past than that. Regardless of that, however, it has only been a few weeks. And to backtrack all the way to Thanksgiving, I resume the yarn where I sat down to watch Scott Pilgrim VS. The World.





The very beginning it is made abundantly clear by the graphics that the movie is in some way related to video games/comic books and/or anime. Scott Pilgrim is a twenty-two year old, who plays in a band and shares a loft apartment with a gay roommate. He begins dating a chinese high-schooler in a Catholic school, much to the chagrin of his friends who are of the opinion he is still grieving his past break up with ex-girlfriend-who-shall-not-be-named. Then (to steal the line from the back of box cover) the girl of his dreams, Quite Literally, shows up and so begins the rest of the movie. To date dream-girl, Ramona V. Flowers, he has to defeat her seven evil ex-boyfriends. Throw into the mix the fact he still hasn't broken up properly with the high-schooler, and his own evil ex-girlfriend shows up.

There are so many poignant truths sprinkled throughout this pop treat, how do I wrap them all up into a summary to encompass them all sufficiently?.... I can't.. So, I'll bore you by telling you the majority of them. ..... Poo. Nevermind. It is all about relationships and what it all boils down to is there are two HUGE factors you should closely pay attention to when considering getting involved with anyone:

1. Being Honest.

2. Self Respect.

If you use and embody these two key elements, you will be on the road to success. And remember, in many situations, You are your Worst Enemy. Don't let yourself get in the way of being successful. We don't get a "replay" button in life, but that's o.k. That's how we learn, and trust me: if you think something is yours, let it go; if it comes back, it was always yours, if it does not come back, it never was.

Love gets confused as being a cage, or being something we can hide or live in...... I think that "love" is something we create as a result of forcing the "real love" to stay in one place. Love is a bird: a butterfly: it's own creature, entity, with a mind and life of its' own. When we "are in love" it is because this beautiful creature has alighted on our shoulders both: quiet as a whisper, and no matter how gentle or forceful we are with it, it will fly away, and float out of our reach. But that's just how love is. We cannot hold onto it, we cannot tie it down, we can only let it be what it is, and have trust and faith that it will come back. A lady once told me love is like a point on a page that breaks off into two lines going opposite directions, and eventually they bend back to meet up again forming a diamond shape, only to break off again. We both go out into the world our separate paths, but Love leads us back and rests on our shoulders when we get home.

Love is "fickle, impulsive, and spontaneous......"

And if you watch the movie, you'll see that's what Scott Pilgrim realizes after Ramona changes her hair color from raspberry to blue. Life is a game we get one shot at, so don't be afraid to make mistakes, and more importantly don't be afraid to learn from them.







No comments:

Post a Comment