Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Fox and The Hound

Good morning my dears, it has been far too long, per the norm, since my last blurb about anything. Even now, I don't particularly have much to say. I still wish all the same positive things for you all, and I still just motor along.

I recently just purchased the blu-ray 30th anniversary edition of the original The Fox and The Hound. I truly loved and still love the original. For being a children's film, there is something so peaceful, and in moments, melancholy about it. Every time I watch it, I always end up pondering the phrase, "there are always much bigger enemies out there to battle than wasting our time fighting amongst ourselves." And then I can't help but think that as much as that is true, in the end, the fox ends up remaining in his new environment, and the hound remains in his separate environment. That is what is melancholy to me, is that, friends can remain friends, but they drift away to different places, different circles; they co-exist peacefully mainly due to remaining apart. In this story they are capable of uniting together to fight the bear in the wild despite their differences. Some stories, some lives, aren't so lucky, and end more tragically. I think there is much to be said about friends learning to "agree to disagree" and friends knowing when staying apart will save both parties heartache and hurt feelings over misunderstandings. But, what I most want to leave you with is,

"There are much larger enemies to be fought, than to waste our time fighting amongst ourselves."

There are people I've met that I've been friends with, and then we've gone our separate ways, but some of those friends I know that despite time and distance, if the need arose, we would work together to help each other. Not every friendship ends that way, but some do, and I hope you have been lucky enough to find that in your life. Have a beautiful last day to your weekend and may it not be completely tainted by the forthcoming Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment