Monday, July 15, 2013

The Order of the Phoenix


Hello All!! It is a cloudy, quiet afternoon with the the threat of rain hanging in the air, and I am here just relaxing after my laundry, dishes, and grocery shopping all completed. I believe today I will watch through the last of the Harry Potter films that, up till now, I still have not finished the series in its' entirety. I love all the books and I especially loved the Order of the Phoenix. In a world that is controlled by propaganda media and a society in love with no individual responsibility, I can't help but identify. 

I love what Harry says when addressing the soon to be newly founded Dumbledore's Army, and he's talking about his experience fighting forces of evil,

" I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help. .. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there...when you're a second away form being murdered..or watching a friend die right before your eyes... You don't know what that's like."

I also like when Professor Lupin says that fear can warp the mind.... That's very true. I myself know that fear is one of the hardest battles to fight. Fear can make people do things and become certain ways that normally they would never be. And it takes maturity and bravery to recognize it and even just acknowledge its' presence and not let it control us. 

So, I've been on my soap box enough for the day, I will never stop rooting for the good. And anymore, sometimes it isn't always black and white telling the good from the bad. Chin up, my dears. 

Sincerely, 
Read Riding Hood 

No comments:

Post a Comment