Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long

Good morning ladies and gents, it is a cool morning to be out at Panera, enjoying my coffee (hazelnut to be specific) and poking around on my laptop. I adapt to every situation that arises, and today if life hands me lemons, I am just going to chuck them, yesterday I made lemonade, today I'm going to practice my swing. *smile*

I am setting up my iTunes and getting all my gadgets synced and flowing together and I came across Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. If you haven't seen it or heard of it, it is about a villain trying to earn infamy. He has a video blog that he updates with his struggles and attempts to become the ultimate evil bad guy status. But aside from his career aspirations, he is also hopelessly and head-over-heels in love with a girl he runs into at the laundry meet on a weekly basis. Unfortunately the girl ends up going out with his arch-nemesis, the Good Guy. From there the plot progresses.

The whole video itself is also a musical. If musicals aren't your thing, you probably won't enjoy this, but any theater buff can truly enjoy this. The lyrics are quirky, fresh, and original. The growth and climax of the characters actually is emotionally involving and I find myself every time rooting for Dr. Horrible. It's ridiculous how addicting this mini episode/sing-a-long/blog/hooby-shooby-el-whatty is.

I seem to be revolving around media subjects that are projecting the same theme question of how do we define "evil/bad/wicked?" I am also currently reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire, and if you aren't familiar with that either, it is the story behind the wicked witch of the west and how she ended up melted by Dorothy.

Wicked and Dr. Horrible's stories both end tragically. But there's always more history, maybe not for Dr. Horrible, but the Gregory Macguire series follows with three more novels bringing tragedy to a hopeful close.

It reminds me of those info-mercials trying to sell you things that always add the line, "But Wait!!! There's More!!"

There is always more to a story. There is always hope.

Have a Lovely Day everyone, the Beautiful World is Always there Waiting for you to open your door and go out into it and enjoy it.

Sincerely,

Read Riding Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment