Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Beautician and the Beast

So, it is evening again, dear readers. And you are either already tucked into bed, ready to sleep, or in the process of getting ready to sleep, or maybe you're still young and are doing the opposite: getting dressed up to go out, but whichever way you swing, I am getting ready for bed. I just finished my "not too strenuous" pilates, and am now typing away in the dark, waiting to get sleepy.
If you are of my generation, odds are that you haven't heard of Fran Drescher. Well, she is an actress, among other things, and she is recognized by her naturally VERY nasally voice. She is very pretty and promotes healthy living and natural beauty, and I first found out about her coming across a stray episode of The Nanny. It is a 80's show about a beautician that becomes a nanny for a wealthy widowed father of three (?) children. Anyway, funny show. Then I found out she was also in this movie The Beautician and the Beast with Timothy Dalton. If the title of the movie already doesn't give you an idea of the basis of the movie, I will say, it's like Sound of Music without the music and more fashion tips, and not Nearly as lengthy. It's corny and ridiculous, but I like the quirkiness. I probably say that a lot about most of the movies I watch, "corny and ridiculous, but quirky..." Well, what can I say, I enjoy my sensitive side.

And sometimes corny can truly be sincere, and anything sincere should never be taken for granted. So, if you have a sense of humor and a slow afternoon, Fran Drescher is a nice accompaniment alongside whatever project you might be doing.... unless you're a dude.... and then You Prooooobably want to run as fast as you can. Timothy Dalton getting sentimental is probably NOT your cup of tea.

Have a good evening, be safe,

Read Riding Hood


No comments:

Post a Comment