Thursday, August 11, 2011

17 Again

I am sitting here still enjoying movies that I have not yet watched. I am now watching Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, but that's not what I am reviewing at this very moment. While passing through the movie trailers to get to the dvd menu, I passed 17 Again. I just watched that for the first time two weeks ago. I was feeling low at the time. I was dwelling on the person I had been for the last few years and I dwell so much on pretty much everything from the fact that I haven't yet figured out how not to aka "let go." So, in my low mood of self-loathing, I popped in 17 Again, a dvd I found in a two dollar bin on Black Friday. I had never watched it after my "impulse-induced" stated had passed. But the black mood I was simmering in, was in dire need of fluffiness I was not yet acquainted with; Legally Blonde and Fred Claus would just not do the trick. So, I removed the crackling plastic off the cover, placed the dvd into my blu-ray player and wrapped my smug cloud cover over my head and tucked myself in its strangely cozy embrace.


I have become so used to analyzing feelings and my feelings and other people's feelings, that feelings aren't just "feelings" anymore that happen, that pop up at random... Feelings are reactions... And if you can predict or figure out what causes them... Then they make sense, they aren't random, they have reason.... But see... Feelings don't always make sense, or have reason.... So, in my pursuit of finding the root of feelings, I forgot what "feelings" mean. ... Enough about the "touchy-feely" talk.
The whole point is that seeing Zac Efron
dropping the basketball and running after his highschool sweetheart to ask her to marry him: touched me..touched my heart. I saw young love and it reminded me that .......well, when a guy loves a woman.. He shows up. Feelings can be "created" but it's like comparing diamonds and artificial diamonds... Not the same thing. The real thing is something that happens despite everything, and you wouldn't trade it for anything else. It made me happy to see them depict the real thing... The real feeling that is.....
.


*Breath of fresh air*


I have learned so much from those days... I wouldn't trade them for anything else. I wouldn't ask for them to come back, but I wouldn't trade them for anything else. Watching 17 Again is like falling asleep in a field of poppies...... You need someone to come along and save you. And on that note... Ghosts of GirlFriends Past is pretty cute. Pretty cliche.... But, it's got its own twist to Dicken's Christmas Carol. .... No pun intended... I think?.....

No comments:

Post a Comment