Thursday, August 11, 2011

Curdled

It is a lovely Saturday morning, by definition, my day off; when in reality it is Thursday. I have spent the morning gloriously and deliciously doing nothing but what my heart desires.... Well, to a point, the point being the things what I am able to accomplish for my hearts desire... But Anyway!..
So, after a six day work week, I am now resting, thank goodness. My artistic soul is beaming and languidly basking behind this computer with markers and canvasses strewn about me.
I put on a Quinten Tarantino film a friend had lent me to pass the morning, and was pleasantly surprised. It had a very different feel than his other films. It is about a girl's fascination with murders that all started when a man fell murdered from the balcony above her mother's bakery. She began a scrapbook with articles in it accompanied by depictions she draws of the articles. She grows into a woman that quits a job at a bakery to work as a maid that cleans up after murder investigations.
The Mexican atmosphere and cumbia music nicely accentuate and liven up this dark, and what would normally be called morbid, film.


It somehow soothed my heartache at being a loner to watch Curdled. I did not feel so boring for my interests and boring habits after watching the main character, Gabriella. My thought was, "Well, at least I don't have that obsession!" There were numerous sweet details sprinkled about that caught my attention. The fact Gabriella's mother owned a bakery, that at home, she bakes gingerbread cookies and pipes icing on them, that she dances by herself to the pattern of the steps leading up to the victim's demise.


It was by no means sugary sweet, but it was more like pan dulce, just sweet enough to satisfy. That's what she said, and that's what I say, and now I want pan dulce.... And it's All Your Fault!!

No comments:

Post a Comment